Here at NJ Spark, more than a dozen Rutgers students will be reporting on social injustices in and around the New Brunswick area.
However, these issues happen everywhere. Here’s some recent news highlights:
- This study shows female college students in STEM are unconsciously underestimated by both peers and faculty.
- Vlogger Delia Melody voices her disapproval on legislation trying to enforce which restroom transgender people can use–boy’s room or girl’s room.
- The residents of Whitesboro have voted to keep their town seal, which depicts a White Man strangling a Native American.
- The Guardian has been accused of being bias in their coverage of the Israel-Palestine conflict, depicting Palestinian soldiers as the victims in their story headlines.
- The Burns Paiute tribe are in a clash with a group of armed protesters who are trying to take over land in the tribe’s reservation.